Note updates lost and don't re-appear after re-start

Peter23

I started a new Note and entered a Note Title.

I then worked for 2 hours adding text to this note.

I kept getting an "unable to synch" message, but was in a conference so had to keep going. Anyway, in the past I had found that Evernote appears to cope with Internet connection problems.

Then I got a message saying I had been logged out of EN.

I was experiencing Internet access problems.

When I re-started EN all I got was the initial Title I had entered.

Question: How do I recover my two hours of work?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you were using Evernote for Windows Desktop,  the note should have been saved on your local hard drive regardless of whether the network connection allowed a sync.  What device and OS were you using?

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Peter23 said:

Hi,

thanks for the quick response. I was using the web version of EN and running on Windows 10 with a Chrome browser. 

Then it is gone. If you were using a web browser with no or spotty internet connectivity, then you weren't connected and were just typing in a big white box. The Evernote web client has no offline capability at all.

• Level 5*

Yup - next time try using the installed desktop version.  I've lost posts on this Forum before now when typing into a browser window with a bad connection.  If the browser can't send content to its destination pretty quickly it will just overload and crash - and if you log out or close it down,  the content is just not saved anywhere.  

Archived