Tags and notebooks in Beta

OpalGill

Just been trying to use the 'new look' Evernote  and I cannot find how to move a note to a particular Notebook by drag and drop ..... I get the circle with a diagonal line through it. 

When viewing a note, then you see its notebook in the note header, on the left side,  but when I click on it there is no list of available notebooks should this appear?

In the note header looking at the note info tool, on the right side; I can click on it and the notebook dropdown does  lets you select a new notebook - is this the only way of doing this?

I eventually found tags at the base of a note but I cannot expand the list of tags in the left pane. If I click on tags then get full list centre screen of my tags but at that point i can no longer see the note to which i want to attach tags. I would expect an expand triangle to show them in a drop down list.  

I know by starting to type a tag my previously used tags will show but that doesn't help if you can't remember whether you use eg 'reading' or 'books' as your tag which means its easy to get your tags in a pickle!

• Level 5*

Hi.  The 'new look' is a Beta - short of some functionality which they plan to add later;  if you don't like the way it works,  it should be possible to revert back to the previous version in Settings.

Thank you - yes I am aware it is Beta - see title of my post.... hopefully the idea is to gather comments and problems with the beta version and adjust accordingly.  I have indeed switched back to the previous version.

• Level 5*

Not sure I would go anywhere near this beta.  Hard to differentiate between errors and functionality that hasn't been added.  It's a look and feel thing, not a do what you need to do thing.  It is unfortunate that EN doesn't highlight this fact in flashing lights.  Too easy for folks to get confused and think their data has been tanked.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, OpalGill said:

Yes thank you @CalS , i certainly don't mind note tags at the bottom ...once I had found them! But I do like to drag and drop notes into notebooks!

You are welcome.

Archived