Shared Notes Tips and Tricks/Issues

Brad Sz

I have been using the shared notes feature to coordinate logistics with my peers for various work projects. For the most part it works great. You can create your own note, share it with as many people as you want, and everyone edit as needed. It is all pretty straight forward and I would be happy to go into more detail on how we have used it if anyone is interested. 

I have had two issues so far that I am trying to find a solution to. First, if two people are editing the note at one time the note duplicates itself and creates to iterations separated by the statement "Conflicting modification on *Date and time*". This can cause confusion for obvious reasons; you will end up with two or more notes and people will find themselves editing different notes within the original note and things will become very cluttered and confusing. 

Second, occasionally I will share a note and on my app it looks like they received it however they never actually do. 

Has anyone else run into these issues? If you have please let me know how you resolved them or if you can think of something we may be doing wrong. Thank you

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are these others viewing your notes in their own separate accounts? AFAIK Evernote is supposed to 'lock' a shared note if it is being edited by one person,  to avoid the conflicting edits problem.  If that's not happening I'd suggest it's worth becoming a subscriber to correct the problem,  or at least tweeting @EvernoteHelps to see what they say.

If you've shared the login to one account,  there isn't a fix;  Evernote has no way to tell that the user on device A is different from the user on device B,  so accepts input from both.

Don't know why shared notes might not be received - do you share one or more notebooks and just add the notes you wish to share?  If you're sharing single notes it would be possible to send note links by email so you have a record of what went to whom,  or maybe create a table of contents list of all shared notes so everyone can see what's available.

• Level 5*
On 10/11/2018 at 6:10 PM, Brad Sz said:

First, if two people are editing the note at one time the note duplicates itself and creates to iterations separated by the statement "Conflicting modification on *Date and time*".

as per @gazunped  What happens when multiple users edit the same note?

Archived