Recover note's missing contents without premium?

I use Evernote on a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Evernote lost the bulk of one of my notes (the first line--not the title--shows up, but everything below is gone) and I want to know if there's a way to recover it without upgrading to premium or using the browser version. I don't currently have a computer and I can't afford to upgrade unless I can do the monthly subscription, recover what I need to, then get an immediate refund. All I have right now is my phone. I've been using Evernote for over five years and wanted to upgrade once I'm more financially stable, but if Evernote's bug isn't fixable without me paying for a sub, it's time for me to move on to another app. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sympathies for the loss,  but in fairness it's not necessarily Evernote's fault - random keystrokes / bad connections and a dozen other things can wipe out some text if you're editing the only copy you have on a mobile device.  You could contact Evernote at https://twitter.com/evernotehelps to see if they're able and willing to help,  but if a keystroke killed your note all they'll be able to recover is the last version that was synced to the server.

Things to avoid such losses in future:

1. make a copy of your note and then edit or add changes / delete the copy when it's no longer required.
  2. use the same title as the original but number your additions so you can search for  the content and sort the titles into order.

Good luck...

• Level 5
3 hours ago, Echp said:

I use Evernote on a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Evernote lost the bulk of one of my notes (the first line--not the title--shows up, but everything below is gone) and I want to know if there's a way to recover it without upgrading to premium or using the browser version. I don't currently have a computer and I can't afford to upgrade unless I can do the monthly subscription, recover what I need to, then get an immediate refund. All I have right now is my phone. I've been using Evernote for over five years and wanted to upgrade once I'm more financially stable, but if Evernote's bug isn't fixable without me paying for a sub, it's time for me to move on to another app. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It is possible to upgrade to premium for just one month the then cancel. I don't know about getting an immediate refund, but it might be worth the 1-month cost if it's a valuable note. It would also be possible to access Evernote Web on a friend's or family member's computer, or even a public one such as at a library, if you're careful to delete whatever trail the browser might leave afterward.

Archived