Photographing notebook pages into Evernote

Hello Everyone,

I use Evernote for most of my note taking but there are times when I'd like to photograph pages from a paper notebook to add to a note. The process is simple enough but I find the Evernote iOS app never accurately finds where the page ends. It constantly crops off my pages in the wrong spot (clipping off words) when Automode is On and when it's off, it photographs more than what I'm trying to include. I end up having to manually crop images either way. Is there any way to set the app to give me more control over the size of the page I'm photographing?

I use a Leuchtturm1917 notebook (A5 size).

Thanks,
Anthony

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Panetone said:

Hello Everyone,

I use Evernote for most of my note taking but there are times when I'd like to photograph pages from a paper notebook to add to a note. The process is simple enough but I find the Evernote iOS app never accurately finds where the page ends. It constantly crops off my pages in the wrong spot (clipping off words) when Automode is On and when it's off, it photographs more than what I'm trying to include. I end up having to manually crop images either way. Is there any way to set the app to give me more control over the size of the page I'm photographing?

I use a Leuchtturm1917 notebook (A5 size).

Thanks,
Anthony

Have you tried using Scannable?  EN product with slightly different options than the native photo of the IOS app.  Integrates with EN.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Best tip is to be in good light and use some contrasting background for the page.  If you're imaging one page of a double spread,  have a clear margin for the middle of the pages.  A bit of black card used as a bookmark might help...

Archived