Jump to content
Mr Jumbo Guy

NOT syncing since yesterday and Saferoom good?

Recommended Posts

Hey, don't know why but EverNote is not syncing since yesterday. I already logged out and logged back in but still the same thing. It's been like this since yesterday despite trying to click the "sync" button to manually sync but nothing is working. Pic is attached.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

And, is using Saferoom for Evernote good? That does seem to solve the FULL encryption issue that all users of EverNote want.

Anyone using Saferoom and can tell how is the experience? I'm amazed that Saferoom is free.

Please help me out on these!

Regards,
MrJumboGuy

12.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mr Jumbo Guy said:

Hey, don't know why but EverNote is not syncing since yesterday. I already logged out and logged back in but still the same thing. It's been like this since yesterday despite trying to click the "sync" button to manually sync but nothing is working. Pic is attached.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

It could be stuck on a particular note for some reason.  If on Windows, hold down the CTRL key (IIRC) and click on sync and any problem note should be shown.  What I've done to correct this in the past is to create a new note and then copy and paste the contents of the problem note into the new one and then delete the old one.  The new one then syncs.  At least this was worked for me so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mr Jumbo Guy said:

And, is using Saferoom for Evernote good? That does seem to solve the FULL encryption issue that all users of EverNote want. ... Anyone using Saferoom and can tell how is the experience?

Saferoom does not support "FULL encryption".  The encryption is of individual notes.
This is a step up from Evernote's text encryption feature.

I don't like the storage mechanism for encrypted notes; the note shows a mass of encryption data.  
I  prefer to see a container icon similar to encryption with Evernote or PDFs 

233557307_ScreenShot2018-06-27at19_25_03.png.9587ab56ddaf83ad2784f51ff85eec69.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, s2sailor said:

It could be stuck on a particular note for some reason.  If on Windows, hold down the CTRL key (IIRC) and click on sync and any problem note should be shown.  What I've done to correct this in the past is to create a new note and then copy and paste the contents of the problem note into the new one and then delete the old one.  The new one then syncs.  At least this was worked for me so far.

Thanks mate, that did the job. :)

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DTLow said:

Saferoom does not support "FULL encryption".  The encryption is of individual notes.
This is a step up from Evernote's text encryption feature.

I don't like the storage mechanism for encrypted notes; the note shows a mass of encryption data.  
I  prefer to see a container icon similar to encryption with Evernote or PDFs 

233557307_ScreenShot2018-06-27at19_25_03.png.9587ab56ddaf83ad2784f51ff85eec69.png

 

Hmm, correct on that. I just noticed how the encryption is. 

Umm, can you tell me how do I encrypt images from the net that I clip into EverNote?

Should it be Image -> PDF -> Encrypt the PDF using its own password option -> Upload to EverNote?

Should it be like that OR how would you advise me?

Thanks in advance for always helping solving issues :D @DTLow

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Mr Jumbo Guy said:

Should it be Image -> PDF -> Encrypt the PDF using its own password option -> Upload to EverNote?

This would be my solution.  I use the native encryption in PDFs and documents (Apple-iWork/MS-Office).

I'm using a Mac with built-in pdf encryption via the Preview app or Automator services.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...