Evernote, Organize, Visualize, Akreet (v.beta)

Dear Evernote Community,

We are happy to announce the beta release of our Akreet product.

http://beta.akreet.net

Akreet is a unique way for user to organize and visualize their Evernotes.

Our philosophy is deliver tools that can allow users to get the most out of their own content.

We are looking for any and all feedback. Got an idea on how we can better improve the categorizing and visualization experience? Tell us about it, we’ll build it in.

A few videos to get your started:

What is Akreet?

How to Akreet.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I visited the site and watched the videos.  I'm sure I'm over-simplifying it,  but 'conceptualizing' and 'visualising' seems to boil down to an alternate UX for Evernote,  with more colors.  I was also thrown a little by the fact that 'Categories' seems to be your name for Evernote's Tags (but with added colors)

Do you have any examples of use cases to further illustrate the power of your app? 

Your website is also a little shy on who and where the developers are,  and whether we will be able to access the service in 10 years time.  If we come to rely on the new layouts and colors - what happens to all the styling work if the app is no longer accessible for any reason?

On 5/20/2018 at 1:17 AM, Akreet said:

We are looking for any and all feedback. Got an idea on how we can better improve the categorizing and visualization experience? Tell us about it, we’ll build it in.

Looks intriguing for sure. I would like to see the final release.

Although your UI looks different than the regular Evernote, it still seemed linear to me with the grid view of the notes. When I think of "Visualizing" and "Conceptualizing" I think more of like a Mind Map kind of set up where there aren't any grids, rows, columns...it is more free flowing. If you can incorporate something like that, it will fill a hole that Evernote is not filling.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This Akreet tool may be good, I would not know: even after linking it to my evernote account, nothing happens.

Maybe I have to watch a dozen videos to understand it, but why would I do that without any idea of what it does?

The concept looks promising but having spent 10 minutes trying to get the beta to do something, anything - well, I don't get it.

I wanted to be impressed but I'm just baffled.