REQUEST: Pull down color palette for text colors in Mac (instead of floating window)

Exivus

Idea

Title says it all. We desperately need a pull down palette instead of the Mac's built-in floating palette. The time to move that around (based on a user's arrangement of windows), or its overlapping in front of content, or floating around multiple windows makes for an extremely frustrating barrier to efficiency in workflow.

A toggle would be nice if other users still want the floating option.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.44.38 AM.jpg

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2018-05-04 at 7:45 AM, Exivus said:

We desperately need a pull down palette instead of the Mac's built-in floating palette.

Can you expand on "desperately need" and "makes for an extremely frustrating barrier to efficiency in workflow"
The built in Mac feature works for me and is consistent across the platform.  I thought the benefit was efficiency; you can leave it open and it's always available.

>>A toggle would be nice if other users still want the floating option.

I have no preference.  I seldom use colour selection and leave the window closed.

You seriously want me to expand on "desperately need"? What, you want me to prove to you that it's important. I think your response is going to clue me in to "if it's not important to me, then it's not important to anyone else."

"I have no preference.  I seldom use colour selection and leave the window closed."

What a piece of work. Yes - I made this post JUST FOR YOU.

You don't think users just make this stuff up, do you? Or is this a hobby of yours - trolling around to see if anyone will bite?

I don't think I'm even going to bother with a reply. It's all in my original post. Perhaps you only work in one program, or don't use full screen apps or multiple desktops. Maybe you don't care if the palette sits on top of your content. One thing is for certain - you don't care either way, so you're not here to help anyone. I imagine the rest of your post history is similar.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Exivus said:

Perhaps you only work in one program, or don't use full screen apps or multiple desktops.  

Multiple programs: windowed, never full screen; multiple monitors.

>>Maybe you don't care if the palette sits on top of your content. 

As I said, I close the palette after using it instead of floating; I have the option of parking it in an unused corner.

>>so you're not here to help anyone. I imagine the rest of your post history is similar.

My history is clear, helping users,  expanding details on feature requests and cutting through the hyperbole.

Archived