I am having constant issues with the desktop app continually syncing in the midst of my typing. Not only is it continually disrupting the flow of my work, when its done syncing, it is often "refreshed" at the top of my note and then what I was typing at the bottom of the note appears at the top, so not only is it slowing me down, it's causing me to fix and retype content. THIS IS MADDENING. I use this application for its efficiency. This making it borderline unusable. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. I've looked at other posts with similar problems that directed users to update to 7.1. Done that. Problem is still here.

Mac Desktop App 7.1 / Mac OX 10.11.6

• Level 5*
On 4/21/2018 at 11:32 AM, fangmarks said:

I am having constant issues with the desktop app continually syncing in the midst of my typing. Not only is it continually disrupting the flow of my work, when its done syncing, it is often "refreshed" at the top of my note and then what I was typing at the bottom of the note appears at the top, so not only is it slowing me down, it's causing me to fix and retype content. THIS IS MADDENING. I use this application for its efficiency. This making it borderline unusable. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. I've looked at other posts with similar problems that directed users to update to 7.1. Done that. Problem is still here.

You posted this in the Windows forum, but list a mac version. Which is it?

• Level 5*
On 4/21/2018 at 11:32 AM, fangmarks said:

You posted this in the Windows forum, but list a mac version. Which is it?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Evernote syncs with every keystroke! This is super annoying, as it creates a lag in typing, and also reloads the thumbnail image in the Note List column, which is so visually distracting I had to disable card view in favor of the snippet. (Also annoying is not having a ⌘+O option to open the active note in its own window!) Most cloud-based apps sync in regular intervals, which would be far preferable to syncing with every bloody keystroke!

It makes me wonder if Evernote in general is unable to manage its buffering with any level of proficiency, as this might explain why, on all the iOS devices, a note can't remain active in the background. 

I wish there were a way to set the sync interval for an actual interval—or even a manual option—just to be able to have real-time interaction without all the lagging and reloading. And I'm using hardware and software that's up to date and less than three years old.