Evernote web clipper - gone quick select notebook?

espionage

Hi,

I recently updated to the latest version, and previously, when I clip a page, I can quickly type and auto-complete an existing notebook to have it filed under.

Now, that's disappeared -- what happened? That was extremely useful. Now, I have to click, scroll all the down/up/down/up till I find the notebook, then select it.

This is terrible UX. Can anyone advise what happened?

Thanks,

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, espionage said:

Hi,

I recently updated to the latest version, and previously, when I clip a page, I can quickly type and auto-complete an existing notebook to have it filed under.

Now, that's disappeared -- what happened? That was extremely useful. Now, I have to click, scroll all the down/up/down/up till I find the notebook, then select it.

This is terrible UX. Can anyone advise what happened?

Thanks,

Hi.  What's your OS and browser?  In Windows 10 / Firefox 59.0.2 / Clipper 6.13.2  - I still have the complete set of options and notebook search.  Have you tried restarting your browser / system?  Check another browser (if you have an option) to see if this is also affected.

• Level 5*

Seems like Chrome had a pretty major upgrade which broke the previous Clipper version.  Evernote rushed out a new one which - for the moment - is feature-limited.  More is coming,  but they don't say when.  Until then other browser clippers are working normally,  or an option may be to use a default notebook as an inbox and refile clips from there...   ? :huh:

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, espionage said:

@jefito - That is ridiculous, did the UX team go on vacation? Do they expect us to wade through pages and pages of notebooks to find exactly the right one?

Hmmm, I knew there was a reason that I prefer tags over notebooks...

Anyways, I guess it's probably related to this comment: 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived