PDF Handling in latest update

donohue66

Idea

The handling of PDFs until now has been great, super easy to click and open then modify and save back to Evernote.  Now, it is awful.  The PDFs are now somehow full of formatting that makes them essentially useless to me.  You can't even copy specific text out of them.  What a pain.  This is sadly going to make me move to another solution after using Evernote for years as an early adopter and promoting it amongst many friends.  This latest update has WRECKED my entire work workflow.  So disappointing.

5 replies to this idea

Sorry, I was losing my mind on Windows 10, then I went to check on MAC OS and something has changed there also.  The flow was so easy before, now maybe I need to figure it out, but it doesn't seem like you can work with PDFs as before without saving out of Evernote and then creating a new note or adding that file to the note you saved it out of which is just to many steps and prone for mistakes.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, donohue66 said:

Sorry, I was losing my mind on Windows 10, then I went to check on MAC OS and something has changed there also.

I am guessing that that's related to the common editing/rendering system that the Windows and Mac Evernote clients both use.

To further clarify this: Previously one could open a PDF directly from Evernote, in Windows and MAC OSX, modify that document and saving it would put saved document back into that note in Evernote.  Also, one could easily just drag the PDF into an open email to create an attachment.  Now, neither one of those workflows is possible.  This adds a degree of complexity that makes the flow of working with PDFs come to a halt.  I can't imagine this is a popular decision, but am I crazy?  I can't work with this anymore.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, donohue66 said:

Previously one could open a PDF directly from Evernote, in Windows and MAC OSX, modify that document and saving it would put saved document back into that note in Evernote

I'm using a Mac and still have edit functionality for attachments, including pdfs

Archived