Crippled Search mystery/misery

Hi, 

Suddenly about a week ago the EN search on my Mac (OSX Yosemite) essentially lost all capability. Searching for any term, even if I had used it in 100's of notes or the latest note, returned nothing or just a couple of hits. I updated EN (which required updating to OS X High Sierra) hoping that would solve the problem, but unfortunately it hasn't.

Strangely search does now partially work. For some search terms it appears to work fine while for the majority I get no notes after 2014, even if very recent notes contain the search term. 

Frustratingly search continues to work fine on my Android EN version on my phone. 

Needless to say without a working search I will have to change platforms - and soon - as I use EN as a replacement memory device and if I can't access information it is basically gone. 

Any suggestions? Can I force a reindexing of the search? 

Thanks!

Thanks! 

I have requested EN to recreate the full text search index but nothing appears to happen, other than a warning that it will be slow. I naively expected a status bar or something! I guess it is just a case of waiting a day...hopefully it will suddenly magically start working!  

Archived