Why no regular context menu when selecting a hyperlink

When I select a hyperlink, I don't get the normal right-mouse click menu. For example I can't remove all the formatting with the 'Remove Formatting' option because it doesn't exist. I hope to convert the link to text, do what I want and convert it back. Even Hyperlink -> Add prompt doesn't show the link. I need to remember to copy it first so I can paste it in there.

This editor is full of idiosyncrasies.

• Level 5*

To edit the link text I position beside the link and then use the arrow keys to get one letter into the text, edit and then delete the last letter if need be.  To edit the actual link you can use Ctrl-K or right click-Edit.  Works better if the text is in place before adding the link, highlight and Ctrl-K for that.  FWIW.

15 minutes ago, CalS said:

To edit the link text I position beside the link and then use the arrow keys to get one letter into the text, edit and then delete the last letter if need be.  To edit the actual link you can use Ctrl-K or right click-Edit.  Works better if the text is in place before adding the link, highlight and Ctrl-K for that.  FWIW.

I am talking about removing the text's formatting. Not editing the text or url of the link.

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, abdu said:

I am talking about removing the text's formatting. Not editing the text or url of the link.

The underline and color of the link?  Size or font?  For those you need to highlight the link text and then use the editing toolbar.

33 minutes ago, CalS said:

The underline and color of the link?  Size or font?  For those you need to highlight the link text and then use the editing toolbar.

All of those.

• Level 5*

As far as  I know, you cannot remove the hyperlink underline formatting; that's automatically done by Evernote. You can change the font size, color, bolding, etc, but the underlining stays.

You can perform the remove formatting operation without using the right-click menu by selecting the text and using the Ctrl+Shift+Space shortcut; similarly, you can perform the simplify formatting operation without using the right-click menu by selecting the text and using the Ctrl+Space shortcut. 

Archived