WhatsApp, Telegram, Slack etc. integration

thethomasdahl

I am struggling to post notes stored in Evernote into WhatsApp chats (and Telegram etc,).  It seems like it is not possible.

I want to forward documents to family friends and business partners that I can scanned and saved in Evernote.  I just want to "copy to Whatsapp"..

I use many programs that are able to forward content directly to Evernote but Evernote does not want to provide the same service in reverse. 

Is this true?  Have I simply not found it?

If it is missing then it is a very major feature that Evernote is missing.  It makes the service far less useful.

Regards
Thomas

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, thethomasdahl said:

I am struggling to post notes stored in Evernote into WhatsApp chats (and Telegram etc,).  It seems like it is not possible.

I want to forward documents to family friends and business partners that I can scanned and saved in Evernote.  I just want to "copy to Whatsapp"..

What problems are you experiencing when you copy?

Even with no direct integration I can always copy-to-GoogleDrive and proceed from there.

I also make use of Evernote's public share link and send a url.  The receiver can then retrieve the content themselves.

On 2/19/2018 at 4:22 AM, thethomasdahl said:

I use many programs that are able to forward content directly to Evernote but Evernote does not want to provide the same service in reverse. 

Is this true?  Have I simply not found it?

If it is missing then it is a very major feature that Evernote is missing.  It makes the service far less useful.

Regards
Thomas

Are you looking for the same integration as iMessages have in iOS where you can select the note within the messages app?

If so, I don't think WhatsApp or Telegram has that option. However, when I tried sharing a note with someone who does not have Evernote on their phone installed, the Evernote sharing option in iMessages was useless. The receiver was not able to open the notes. (this might be my experience maybe it worked for others)

Therefore, if the other party needs to have an Evernote account or installed Evernote on their phone, you might as well just use the share note option to send them a link or copy of the note until those services adapt that option within their chat user interface.

Archived