Timestamp within the note for Android app

SocialStephen

Idea

It would be great if you could include a button in the Android App, to enter a current timestamp, wherever the blinking cursor is in the note. A simple tap of a button, will allow users to insert a timestamp anywhere within the note. If the note is being continued from an earlier date, then adding a timestamp to the current position of the blinking cursor, will mark that area of the note, with the current time that the note is being updated.

Thank you! -

Stephen Robinson

• Like 1

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, SocialStephen said:

It would be great if you could include a button to enter a current timestamp, wherever the blinking cursor is in the note. A simple tap of a button, will allow users to insert a timestamp anywhere within the note. If the note is being continued from an earlier date, then adding a timestamp to the current position of the blinking cursor, will mark that area of the note, with the current time that the note is being updated.

Thank you! -

Stephen Robinson

You don’t mention which platform, but Ctrl-; on Windows will insert a date/time stamp. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, CalS said:

You don’t mention which platform, but Ctrl-; on Windows will insert a date/time stamp. 

You are right. I did not mention that I was talking about the Android app.  If I can edit that post, I will include that. Thank you!

Yes, I am also looking for a widget to insert a time stamp in the Android version. Typically I use Evernote for daily notes, which I transfer to DavidRM's The Journal. Entering the time stamp for an event is often tedious when on the road. Vote this up. Thanks!