Color Code Note Titles

Nick Civ

Idea

Hi there - 

I am a Recruiter and use Evernote to keep track of my candidates.  My notebooks are becoming very crowded. My Staff Accountant folder, for example, has 450 people in it.

Some of these candidates are ACTIVELY on the market - meaning, they want to see every possible job that makes sense. 

Is it possible for me to "highlight" a note title in bright yellow, so that when I am scanning through my note list, I can quickly and easily see which candidates I should be viewing first to see if they are a match?

My notebook is becoming very cluttered and hard to work with. as many candidates are in different stages. Colors would help me quickly organize and prioritize.

Thanks,

Nick

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Nick Civ said:

Is it possible for me to "highlight" a note title in bright yellow,

No highlighting for note titles, but the Windows platform has a colour feature

To assign a color, right-click on a desired notebook or tag, select ‘Style’ and pick your preferred color. You’ll see it immediately applied to your selection in the sidebar. When you color-code a tag, all notes with that tag will show the color in the Note List.

1 hour ago, Nick Civ said:

Some of these candidates are ACTIVELY on the market - meaning, they want to see every possible job that makes sense. 

Not specific to coloring, but may be a workaround for it, Nick. You could simply click on the Reminder (clock) icon of the candidates in that notebook who are actively seeking, as you put it. (No need to add a date to the reminder at all; just click on the clock icon.) These will shuffle those candidates' notes to the top of your notebook when you click on that notebook. Now, you don't need to scroll through the list because you have prioritized those candidates to the top. When done, just click on the Reminder icon and clear the reminder to remove them from the "actively seeking" status. Nothing else about the note changes, but that reminder note status. Hope that helps!

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Nick Civ said:

Is it possible for me to "highlight" a note title in bright yellow, so that when I am scanning through my note list, I can quickly and easily see which candidates I should be viewing first to see if they are a match?

AFAIK, it is not possible today to apply any formatting to the Note Title.

However, you could do this:

1. Insert this character at the start of the Title:  ❗️ 
  2. Assign a Tag of "BestMatch" or "Match.Best" or whatever tag name makes sense to you.
    1. Then a quick click/selection of that tag will filter the list for you.
    2. You could assign this tag when you add the Note to Evernote.
  3. If you are a Mac user, you could write a simple AppleScript, based on some criteria (like keyword in the title or body) to:
    1. Assign one or more tags
    2. Insert this character at start of Title: ❗️ 

Questions?