Sharing PDF

I want to attach a pdf file that is saved on evernote. How do I do that?
Right now I have to go to Evernote - download file - save on desktop - attach - then delete from desktop.
Is there some way I can drag the pdf directly to somewhere I would like to share?
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Ctang said:
Right now I have to go to Evernote - download file - save on desktop - attach - then delete from desktop.

I don’t understand the “download file” step.  Macs have a complete copy of the data so it should already be available on your computer

34 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I don’t understand the “download file” step.  Macs have a complete copy of the data so it should already be available on your computer

Download file means I have to open it and click save as to keep a copy on desktop before I could attach the file as an attachment to email.

If I do not have to download, how could I get the file? Can I simply drag the file from Evernote and make it as an attachment from email or somewhere else?

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Ctang said:

Download file means I have to open it and click save as to keep a copy on desktop before I could attach the file as an attachment to email.

I don't open the pdf.
I can actually drag the pdf from Evernote into an email (Apple Mail), but I usually drag to the desktop first
It's easier if I'm viewing the pdf as an attachment; gives me something to drag

6 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I don't open the pdf.
I can actually drag the pdf from Evernote into an email (Apple Mail), but I usually drag to the desktop first
It's easier if I'm viewing the pdf as an attachment; gives me something to drag

If I would like to send through from outlook instead of apple mail, is it possible to do?

Sometimes I do want to drag to desktop, but if I confirm that is the pdf I would like to drag to the email directly without saving it to the desktop first.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Ctang said:

If I would like to send through from outlook instead of apple mail, is it possible to do?

Sometimes I do want to drag to desktop, but if I confirm that is the pdf I would like to drag to the email directly without saving it to the desktop first.

Have you tried dragging the PDF from Evernote to the Outlook icon in the Mac Dock?

This works for me running Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.11.6.  It opens a new OL compose window with the PDF attached.

Archived