Is there a way to copy notes in web version?

GotMetalBoy

I'm no longer a paying customer, so I mainly use the web version but I can't figure out how to copy a note to a different notebook?

I'm using Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro, both 64bit and Google Chrome. In the Desktop version I can copy a note by right clicking on it but I can't figure out how to do it on the web version.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, GotMetalBoy said:

I'm no longer a paying customer, so I mainly use the web version

Duplicate Note is not a feature on the web platform; the only option is copy the content and paste into a new note

note The client software platforms are available to all accounts; paying and nonpaying.  

56 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Duplicate Note is not a feature on the web platform; the only option is copy the content and paste into a new note

note The client software platforms are available to all accounts; paying and nonpaying.  

I use the Client version on my home PC and I use the Android version on my phone, so I can only use the Web version on other PC's. I just figured out how to copy (Duplicate) a note from my Android phone.

Do you know if there is a comparison chart for the Web version compared to the Client version?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, GotMetalBoy said:

Do you know if there is a comparison chart for the Web version compared to the Client version?

Hi.  To the best of my knowledge there's no such comparison,  either official or unofficial.  It'd be difficult anyway because the abilities of the clients in iOS / Android / Mac / Windows vary,  not to mention the differences between phone,  tablet and desktop;  and there are two versions of Web - Orignal Classic and the "New" version,  which is more or less the standard.  Plus of course the web version varies to some extent between browsers - and each OS (and browser) gets upgrades and changes at different intervals...

In general it's easy to imagine that an installed package has far more resources to work with than a web version remoted through a browser window...  I've used both and I avoid the Web wherever possible.

• 6 months later...

As a relatively new user, I also find this a problem. Work does not allow me to load the desktop version on my desktop. At home, I am on Linux. Mobile on android.

A simple way to copy my daily report from a templates book to my work book would be nice.

Now, I have to load a VirtualBox copy of Windows to use the desktop software. Yes, I paid my subscription, and see value in the product. But for me, having tried to give up windows, everything is now a work around. Works well in Android, but typing is very slow. Copying manually a template in the web page does not work, does not bring over the format, and is almost unusable. 

Too bad the Web Clipper is so wonderful.

Archived