Evernote 6.12 Beta: Table resizing

kimaldis

Idea

I can't resize the last column in a table:

• Create a table using [][]
  • add some text to each cell

I can drag the centre border to resize the left column but the right hand border isn't draggable. It sounds like a small thing but I have a cell here with around 400 words of text that can only be displayed 2 words wide. It's illegible.

6 replies to this idea

If I could make some further observations re tables:

• I can make the table width match the note width but then I end up with a bunch of tables of different width because I've probably resized my window between creating tables and matching them to the note width. I end up with a bunch of different width tables, which is messy, and no fast way to resize them. I could do with, maybe, setting an explicit width with the option of a 100% width, maybe.
  • I could do with alternating row colours.
  • I could do with a header row. I know, I can do this with bg colours & whatnot but just a button click would be faster.
  • If I add a table at the end of the note I can't add text after the table; trying to click in a space after the table just places the marquee on the last row. The workaround is to cut the table, add some blank rows and repaste the table before the new blank rows. If I can actually select the full table. Sometimes I can't.
  • The hamburger - top right of the table - doesn't select the table. It only selects the text contents of the table. There really needs to be a way to select the actual table as well.

Ammendment to above; if you place a table at the end of a note you can't a. add text after it or b. select the table to delete it. Repro steps:

1. position text marquee right at the end of the note

2. [][] to get a table.

Now try to add text after it or delete it.

• Level 5*

I posted your item in the main release thread - always better to report issues there where the developers are actively waiting for comments,  rather than out here in the wilderness..

Can't verify your post - I'm purely Windows / Android.

8 hours ago, kimaldis said:

I can't resize the last column in a table:

• Create a table using [][]
  • add some text to each cell

I can drag the centre border to resize the left column but the right hand border isn't draggable. It sounds like a small thing but I have a cell here with around 400 words of text that can only be displayed 2 words wide. It's illegible.

Hi

Which Beta are you running (1 or 2) and which macOS - at the moment I can resize the last cell when I try, which means I am probably missing a step (or detail) 

Resize last cell.gif

I'm running Version 6.12 Beta 1 (455160 Direct) of Evernote, MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

The steps are pretty straightforward, just make a table last thing in the note. Are you sure your marquee is right at the end of the note so the table goes in as the very last item?

OK, I just tried this again and it all seems to be working. I can resize the last column and I can add text after the last table in a note. I've checked this on a new note and on the note I was originally checking repro steps and it's back to being fine. Obviously there was something that was but is no longer. I'll post back if it happens again.

Archived