Web Clipper not clipping on MacBook Pro

Aaaargh

I'm having trouble with EN Web Clipper in Safari on my (early 2015) Macbook Pro Retina (MacOS 10.12.5). It normally works fine. About 20 minutes ago I clicked on the EN button in Safari and it took me to a new tab to log into Web Clipper(which I did) – then took me back to the web page I was previously on. Nothing further happened so I clicked on the elephant icon once again. There was a brief moment when a new tab came up (almost as if it was logging into Web Clipper) and then returned to the previous web page. At this stage, it should have brought up the clip dialogue box linked to my chosen web page – but nothing! I tried the same on my iPad – it works fine. I've tried on my MBP numerous times now, without any success. I've also tried clipping different pages without luck. Web Clipper was working fine earlier today.

Any thoughts?

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a (mainly) user-supported forum so response times can be variable.  You could try @EvernoteHelps on Twitter,  or report this via Support if you're a paying member.  I'm not an MBP user so not much help from me - have you tried restarting everything (as in: browser,  Evernote,  MBP) and/ or uninstalling and reinstalling Clipper?

Okay, I think I've found the solution, posted on antlers thread: 

Go into preferences and make sure you can receive cookies from at least the sites you visit.   So, for example, in Safari 10.0.3 I click on Safari>Preferences>Privacy and then select from "Cookies and Website data" >"Allow from websites I visit". 

On 05/06/2017 at 7:30 PM, Holidaydan said:

Okay, I think I've found the solution, posted on antlers thread: 

Go into preferences and make sure you can receive cookies from at least the sites you visit.   So, for example, in Safari 10.0.3 I click on Safari>Preferences>Privacy and then select from "Cookies and Website data" >"Allow from websites I visit". 

Gazumped's very simple idea of switching the computer off (where do these brainwaves come from??) has worked perfectly!  However, I will have a look at what you've described - it may well come in useful down the track.  Thanks for your contribution?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived