• Level 5*

Hi.  I've never tried to install Evernote to an SD card - not sure that you can.  The app will want to install to core memory.  You may be able to move it to the SD card afterward,  but I believe that slows things down and prevents the Widgets from working. 

On 09/02/2017 at 7:42 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  I've never tried to install Evernote to an SD card - not sure that you can.  The app will want to install to core memory.  You may be able to move it to the SD card afterward,  but I believe that slows things down and prevents the Widgets from working. 

No, you don't understand. I am not trying to install it back into my SD card and it's not possible to install straight onto the SD card; apps can only be installed to internal memory then moved to the SD. I am just trying to install normally because I had previously moved it to the SD card and for some reason this tablet has a bad glitch where it will suddenly unmount the SD card randomly and all the apps that have been moved to it become unuseable. So that glitch happened to me and now I am trying to just re-install evernote normally and I can't; every time I press the "Install" button in Google Play, the app store app crashes immediately.

• Level 5*

Ah.  I misunderstood your description from the original post.  The install problem my be related to your glitchy tablet - there's no current issue with any other installs of which I'm aware.  If you have some expertise with Android you'll know that it is possible to 'side-load' apps if you can download the APK file onto another device.  Have you tried anything like that yet?

• Level 5*
57 minutes ago, RogueGentleman said:

So that glitch happened to me and now I am trying to just re-install evernote normally and I can't; every time I press the "Install" button in Google Play

Did you try removing Evernote altogether first?

30 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Ah.  I misunderstood your description from the original post.  The install problem my be related to your glitchy tablet - there's no current issue with any other installs of which I'm aware.  If you have some expertise with Android you'll know that it is possible to 'side-load' apps if you can download the APK file onto another device.  Have you tried anything like that yet?

No, and I have no intention to; that defeats the whole purpose of Google Play and is not supported. I need to install it through Google Play otherwise there's no support and no updates.

• Level 5*

Sideloading in this instance doesn't 'defeat' the purpose of Google Play,  nor does it give an installation any more or less credibility and support than a 'normal' download.  The question of whether your tablet can download anything directly however is possibly down to your device,  existing software or your connection;  none of which are within Evernote's control,  or our remit for possible help suggestions.  Is there any possibility of factory resetting the tablet?  I'm sure you'll know it's essential to backup your software and data before considering any such thing...

Edit:  sorry - and I should have added;  it's worth talking to your tablet and/ or service provider helpline too to see what they can suggest...

6 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Sideloading in this instance doesn't 'defeat' the purpose of Google Play,  nor does it give an installation any more or less credibility and support than a 'normal' download.  The question of whether your tablet can download anything directly however is possibly down to your device,  existing software or your connection;  none of which are within Evernote's control,  or our remit for possible help suggestions.  Is there any possibility of factory resetting the tablet?  I'm sure you'll know it's essential to backup your software and data before considering any such thing.

Edit:  sorry - and I should have added;  it's worth talking to your tablet and/ or service provider helpline too to see what they can suggest...

Except I have no issues installing any other apps through Google Play, only Evernote. And yes, sideloading still defeats the purpose of having Evernote in Google Play and is not supported by app developers. The question is not whether my tablet can download anything; I tested that multiple times before posting here. I also tested my wifi connection; no issues there, either. The issue with the SD is a known problem in Android 5.0 and not simply a problem with this tablet. I am not an idiot. There is no reason to do a full hard reset of my entire tablet; the issue is solely with Evernote.

• Level 5*

OK then.  My only problem is that you're doling out information on this on a need to know basis.  If your tablet does install other apps but not this one,  then yes I totally agree it shouldn't be necessary to jump through any hoops.  However,  there is still that small problem that attempting to install Evernote on this tablet crashes the process,  where on most (all?) others it does not. 

I'm fresh out of ideas,  so I can only suggest you contact support directly if you're a paying subscriber at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps to see if they can suggest anything else...

42 minutes ago, gazumped said:

OK then.  My only problem is that you're doling out information on this on a need to know basis.  If your tablet does install other apps but not this one,  then yes I totally agree it shouldn't be necessary to jump through any hoops.  However,  there is still that small problem that attempting to install Evernote on this tablet crashes the process,  where on most (all?) others it does not. 

I'm fresh out of ideas,  so I can only suggest you contact support directly if you're a paying subscriber at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps to see if they can suggest anything else...

That's exactly what I am trying to do, contact Evernote support. That's how I got led to this forumn searching for Evernote's tech support contact info. Why else would I be posting here in the official support threads? I searched through Google and was directed here.

• Level 5*

Well,  we're a (mainly) user-supported forum to share experience and fixes/ workarounds.  If you're a paying subscriber you'll be able to use the link above,  otherwise you can tweet a query to Evernote to see if they have any suggestions.

2 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Well,  we're a (mainly) user-supported forum to share experience and fixes/ workarounds.  If you're a paying subscriber you'll be able to use the link above,  otherwise you can tweet a query to Evernote to see if they have any suggestions.

Well, that's not at all what I was looking for. So I basically got directed to the wrong people yet again; I have the same ***** run-around from my mobile phone carrier. Pisses me off royally when people and computers do that. I already tweeted to Evernote; they haven't responded.

Archived