Jump to content
  • 6
michael.freidgeim

Add "copy note link" menu on evernote iOS.

Idea


Evernote for Windows has a menu item "copy note link", that allows to insert in one note link to another.
It will be good to add similar command on IPad Evernote.

Users shouldn't install third party apps to get functionality, that is available on other platforms.

See similar threads (including workarounds) on help forum

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

5 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, michael.freidgeim said:


Evernote for Windows has a menu item "copy note link", that allows to insert in one note link to another.
It will be good to add similar command on IPad Evernote.

Users shouldn't install third party apps to get functionality, that is available on other platforms.

See similar threads (including workarounds) on help forum

No third party app required

This is implemented in the Evernote Share sheet
- unfortunately by using the Share sheet, two extra clicks are required

IMG_1439.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
38 minutes ago, DTLow said:

No third party app required

This is implemented in the Evernote Share sheet
- by using the Share sheet, two extra clicks are required

IMG_1439.PNG

Thanks, it's really well hidden. I actually expected it on the same level as "Share".

The hierarchy makes sense, but not easy to discover.

Click "...", then "Share", then "Copy Link" in the lower row, then select "private link"

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Unfortunately the share sheet 'Private link' is only a partial solution.

Although such a 'private link' works within the Evernote iOS app if it appears in an Evernote app, it DOES NOT work elsewhere in iOS. If this link is used within another application, the note is opened in Safari in evernote.com. This makes it annoying to reference evernote notes from other apps, like task managers.

This is because the link is of the form: https://www.evernote.com/shard/yy/nl/xxxxx/zzzzzzzz 

In order for the note to open inside the iOS Evernote app it must use a universal link form: evernote:///view/xxxxx/yy/zzzzz/zzzzz/

It would be _great_ if Evernote on iOS gave the option to copy the local universal link. To get around this I use the Workflow app with an action extension to convert the private link to a universal link format using the 'Replace Text' action:

Find text: https://www.evernote.com\/shard\/(.+)\/nl\/([0-9]+)\/([a-f0-9-]*)\/?

Replace with: evernote:///view/$2/$1/$3/$3/

Then copy this to the clipboard.

It works, but it would be much nicer to have this integrated into the Evernote app.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
49 minutes ago, djol said:

Unfortunately the share sheet 'Private link' is only a partial solution.

Although such a 'private link' works within the Evernote iOS app if it appears in an Evernote app, it DOES NOT work elsewhere in iOS. If this link is used within another application, the note is opened in Safari in evernote.com. This makes it annoying to reference evernote notes from other apps, like task managers.

Evernote calls this the Classic link, and it would be nice to have that as one of the selections in the list

Did you say "well hidden"

On my Mac, to force the classic link I have to hold down the Option key

There is an Evernote IOS solution, even more obscure IMG_1443.PNG

- Paste the private link into the note

- Sync (this is important)

- If you hold/press on the link, you now get a copy menu for the classic link

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 minutes ago, DTLow said:

There is an Evernote IOS solution, even more obscure 

- Paste the private link into the note

- Sync (this is important)

- If you hold/press on the link, you now get a copy menu for the classic link

Thanks DTLow! Wow, what a find.

My main use for the classic/universal link is to link back to a note from Omnifocus (or your task manager of choice). I'm reasonably happy with my Workflow solution, though it's a bit of a fragile way of doing it - the regex will break whenever the link format changes.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...