Importing Calender from IBM Organiser into Evernote?

bertie111

I have about 15 years of Calendar notes from the above that I am keen to import into Evernote. I have exported all this data as an .ics file and managed to import it into Essential PIM but I really want to get it into Evernote! The only import options I am offered are Microsoft On Note and Evernote  Export files. I tried importing the .ics file into OneNote but there was no way I could see to import even!

Any suggestions as to how I can get all this stuff into Evernote will be very welcome!

Thanks.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, bertie111 said:

I have about 15 years of Calendar notes from the above that I am keen to import into Evernote. I have exported all this data as an .ics file and managed to import it into Essential PIM but I really want to get it into Evernote! The only import options I am offered are Microsoft On Note and Evernote  Export files. I tried importing the .ics file into OneNote but there was no way I could see to import even!

Any suggestions as to how I can get all this stuff into Evernote will be very welcome!

How did you want to view the .ics data?
The file is a simple test file as shown below - not entirely useful
Of course you can import the file as a note attachment

My approach would be to write a script on my Mac to parse the file and build a note title from the subject and date/time

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:Birthdays
PRODID:-//Apple Inc.//Mac OS X 10.11.6//EN
X-WR-CALDESC: 
X-APPLE-CALENDAR-COLOR:#8295AF
X-WR-TIMEZONE:America/Los_Angeles
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
BEGIN:VEVENT
CREATED:20150930T205059Z

Thanks for your response DTLow, unfortunately I don't understand your reply! I'm not into programming and I'm using Windows 10. I was hoping that someone who uses Evernote could maybe point me towards how to do it, or even if it is possible!

But thanks anyway.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, bertie111 said:

Thanks for your response DTLow, unfortunately I don't understand your reply! I'm not into programming and I'm using Windows 10. I was hoping that someone who uses Evernote could maybe point me towards how to do it, or even if it is possible!

But thanks anyway.

OK, lets start with the import

After you import the .ics file, what are you expecting to see?

Note: Evernote does not have a calendar display feature

Well, as you know, the .ics file will contain, in this case, about 800 notes from Organizer and if I were able to import them I would expect them to be dispersed into either one or more notebooks in Evernote as individual notes. This is what happened when I imported into One Note. I'm mainly trying to put together a lot of health information, letters, scan results and so on but I couldn't see a way to export Calendar entries with 'Health' tag so the file contains everything in Calendar which I would be able to sort out later.

Hope that makes sense!

Oh yes, I already have 3 notebooks in Evernote.

Dragging on to the icon is not allowed but if I drag the file into a New note it is accepted but all that happens is that Organizer opens up. The file is named Mikeorg.or6 which is the .exe that opens the program. So I can see all my calendar stuff in Evernote but only in Organizer.

Archived