Evernote Videos

jbenson2

Idea

• Level 5

On another thread, an Evernote employee pointed out the benefits of the hundreds of Evernote videos on YouTube.

Yes, the videos are helpful, but very difficult to search for. For example: If you enter Evernote Windows into the YouTube search window, you get a mishmash of competitor videos (How to easily move from Evernote to OneNote); videos only for Macs (Scannable by Evernote); videos for outdated versions (5.0); videos with foreign languages; videos that are 3 to 4 years old; etc.  

The YouTube filter helps a tiny bit, but an incredible amount of chaff is still included, I added a filter for 1 year and it reduced the number of Evernote Windows videos from 70,900 to 11,000

Tip to the Evernote Marketing group: Promote your stuff.

Post a downloadable spreadsheet of your own Evernote videos. I'm sure you have one. This would let us find just the videos we need. And we could reference specific videos when questions pop up on the forum. You help us and we help you.

By the way, this link in Google results in a 403 Access Restricted warning.

https://www.evernote.com/video/

I did some more searching and found this link which is closer to what I am looking for. But it can't be narrowed to just recent Evernote Windows videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/EvernoteVideos/videos

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Thanks for the link. Still no filter for the OS. The in-channel search appears to only be for language. Let me expand a bit.

I've seen many comments in this forum on the difficulty learning how to harness the power of Evernote. After 8 years and 30,000+ notes, I still scratch my head over what some of the menu options do. New users give the program a try, create some notes and then get frustrated and walk away. I've seen this happen with friends and relatives.

When I want to browse for the Windows how-to videos, I want to filter out the chaff:

• The generic talking heads (Adam Savage type)
  • How a Hollywood composer uses Evernote
  • Designing with Moleskin
  • Evernote Market (now dead, but still there)
  • Tons of Evernote business videos
  • Evernote conferences
  • College Success stories

I took a look at the EN Channel link and realized what also caused me some confusion. Most people scroll up and down. I seldom scroll left to right, so I thought there were only 4 Windows Tutorials. I missed the 7 other basic introductory tutorials. 

But... they are short. The "Search" tutorial is less than 2 minutes. The "Saving Webpages" is just over 1 minute. These short introductory tutorial are fine, but I'd like to see videos that cover these complex topics in more details. Not just where the menu item is located, but how to actually use it.

The Evernote employees work day after day with the UI and menu options. They spend hours debating and dissecting the specific wording of the options. So each option is crystal clear to them. But to many users (myself included), we find their short description, or even worse - missing description, to be cryptic.

Getting back to my original request: Without a filter for the OS, I have to wonder how many Evernote Windows how-to videos are hidden amongst the hundreds of "smiling head" videos. I would think the Marketing Department would want us to be able to find all the how-to videos. 

Archived