Where does text from Evernote Helper go??

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, mlevin77 said:

This morning, on one computer, I typed a bunch of stuff into "Evernote Helper" (the little elephant icon on my Menubar). On another machine, I open Evernote, and I'm not seeing that text - where does it go?

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 7.51.18 AM.pngThat would be the box with the "Save to Evernote" button at the bottom

If you don't click Save, the text stays in the helper box on the device

When you click Save, a note is added to EN,
and upon syncing the note gets replicated to the EN servers and all your devices

Check your original device and see if there is a note, or if you forgot to click Save

That's what I thought. But it looks like it didn't show up on other machines' Evernote clients (didn't sync up to the server?) until I opened Evernote on the same computer. Is it possible that clicking "Save to Evernote" doesn't get it up to the server but only somehow to the local Evernote, and it doesn't get pushed out to everyone until you run the local Evernote and let it sync?

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, mlevin77 said:

Is it possible that clicking "Save to Evernote" doesn't get it up to the server but only somehow to the local Evernote, and it doesn't get pushed out to everyone until you run the local Evernote and let it sync?

That is my understanding - it is the sync function that "pushes the note to everyone"

Archived