Feature Request - Searching

jfkaess

Idea

I think that Evernote's reliance on syntax and search terms is antiquated and absurd. We should be able to click on a search button and then select terms with buttons and then also adjust the parameters for those terms, all with buttons or drop downs. Having to memorize syntax and search terms is the way we did searches 20 years ago and certainly is a poor way to make use of Evernote's most powerful feature.

Yeah, I know the 'company line' is that we should design and then save searches for future use, but i never know ahead of time what I will want to search for. The parameters can change dramatically, and every time I need to search I have to dig through the syntax and terms and then play with it to make it do what should be an easy and intuitive thing.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, jfkaess said:

We should be able to click on a search button and then select terms with buttons and then also adjust the parameters for those terms, all with buttons or drop downs. Having to memorize syntax and search terms is the way we did searches 20 years ago and certainly is a poor way to make use of Evernote's most powerful feature.

Something like this - images from EN on my Mac

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 8.07.55 PM.png  Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 8.08.23 PM.png    Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 8.08.42 PM.png

Archived