We'd like your feedback about making lists in Evernote and other apps

Link is no longer active.

The main thing I would like to see is a change between letters, numbers, roman numerals, etc. when at different levels of the list. 

E.g.

1. Example text

1. Example text

2. Example text

2. Example text

1. Example text

2. Example text

3. Example text

1. Example text

2. Example text

3. Example text

4. Example text

4. Example text

3. Example text

Also, when changing the font size, the numbers/letters/bullet points of the list also need to change, not just the content of the item of the list.

• 4 weeks later...

As noted above, the link is no longer active.

Our need tends to be the opposite from WeCanLearn. I would rather that any given level's configuration be consistent. For instance, if I setup a combination Ordered and Unordered list (number and bullet), I would want each level to stay consistent:

1. Level one
    • Level two, Bullet one
    • Level two, Bullet two
      1. Level three
  2. As I move out, I expect this is item number two
    1. And that this should be a bullet, instead of a number.
      1. And that this be a number, instead of a bullet.

...The bigger two issues that I have with lists in Evernote:

• Ticket# 1796761:  Copying lists from Evernote to another application that accepts formatted text (Office apps, especially Outlook, but also Acrobat Pro, other text editors, etc...) no longer keeps the formatting. Copied items are transformed to simple text. This is since v6, and is still the case with the current public (6.2.4.3244) and the current beta.

• Ticket#277919:  The underlying formatting adds an additional empty <DIV> </DIV> around each level change. This is interpreted differently by different applications, but always makes a mess of formatting when copying text into another application. It either just creates a new line, with a random bullet format, or is actually interpreted as a DIFFERENT list, requiring a deletion of the additional line, plus deleting the line break and re-adding the line break to re-attach all of the list items to the same list. This is an issue that has been around for years, and wasn't fixed with the combined editor or v6.

Thanks!

--Jason

Archived