Simplified articles are sometimes truncated (but depends on device)

Diacred

Hello there,

I am a new evernote user and I have been trying to clip some simplified articles to store some recipes I like over the internet. Everything goes well if I clip the full page but I like the simplified article view and try to use it whenever I can. I have noticed that once clipped, some articles seem to be truncated. Even more, some article are not truncated the first time I read them and I come back to those a few minutes later and they are without me doing any modification whatsoever just reading them.

I have also noticed that some of the truncated parts seem to be "restored" on other devices while some are not. If I am to look at - for instance - a 5 steps tofu recipe on Evernote Web and only 3 steps will display. But on Evernote Mac I'll get all the steps as well as on Evernote Android. This is not always the case, some articles are truncated on every device/platform.

Any idea why it does that ? That's quite a pain. It's a bit like some of the underlying html was not valid or corrupted or something.

Thanks a lot !

Edit: here is two screenshots to show an instance of it (first picture is in the web client and is truncated, second one in the mac client and is not truncated :) you can see the picture and the beginning of the recipe) http://imgur.com/a/rCQjL

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sounds like a case for contact support - meanwhile does it make a difference if you select the section(s) of a page you want to clip and use that option?  I can only guess that there's hidden code in the 'simplified' version that messes with your view on some devices.  Have you tried different browsers?

Thanks for the answer Gazumped.

It does not seem to change anything. You might be right for the hidden code. I have tried it in Firefox too and the issue remains. 

Is there a way to contact the support without paying the upgraded plan ? I am currently using the free plan.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Diacred said:

Is there a way to contact the support without paying the upgraded plan ? I am currently using the free plan.

Not really - the dev team are pretty active around here,  but we're all having trouble keeping up with the volume of posts,  and the devs aren't Support staff.  You could try tweeting @EvernoteHelps

On 8/18/2016 at 11:50 AM, Diacred said:

Thanks for the answer Gazumped.

It does not seem to change anything. You might be right for the hidden code. I have tried it in Firefox too and the issue remains. 

Next version (6.9.2) will fix problems about missing content in clips created with 'simplified article'.
Hope it also fixes your issues. If not, please post a link to the article you're trying to clip.

Archived