Preview of Imported Google Doc

I note that when I import (or connect) a Google Doc into an Evernote note, I do not get a rendering of the actual doc the way I would with a PDF. I only get the link with a ligature of the Evernote & Google Docs logos. Is this the correct behavior, or is there a setting for me to be able to see the actual doc? 

Barbara

Thank you, Gazumped. A couple of things:

1. I am working with the Mac app as well as Mac OS via Chrome, so I don't have Settings --> Notes --> enable rich links. On the web I do have "view images" checked.
  2. The launch post does not point to a valid URL. ??

I think I was getting a little confused because the help video demonstrates linking a JPG via Google Drive into a note. Yes, my JPGs preview just fine. But it's the Google Doc itself I'm interested in being able to read within Evernote. 

Diolch yn fawr!

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The blurb from Evernote suggests that you'll be able to edit your Google Docs from 'within' Evernote - so I was interested to see how the file opened;  just set up a test document file and linked it to a note (I'm mainly using this feature to get some PDF files out of my database),  and when I try the link,  all I get is a browser version of Google Docs - though I also have that app installed on my phone.  Nothing like as smooth an integration as the description implies - but then they're never exactly accurate...  A little more playing necessary I think to find out how this goes...

That second link works for me,  but try this one to @Justin Street's Google+ page...https://plus.google.com/u/0/106947406594901198103

The way I read the description,  you'll only see the link,  not the full document - but that doesn't really seem a major step forward,  because I can already embed a link to DropBox or any other online storage and see the link / open it from within Evernote and then go back to my note...  Odd. :unsure:

Croeso!

On 8/7/2016 at 7:18 AM, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  The blurb from Evernote suggests that you'll be able to edit your Google Docs from 'within' Evernote - ...

The way I read the description,  you'll only see the link,  not the full document - but that doesn't really seem a major step forward,  because I can already embed a link to DropBox or any other online storage and see the link / open it from within Evernote and then go back to my note...  Odd. :unsure:

Croeso!

Exactly. The blurb suggests you can edit the Google Doc from inside Evernote - that seems like true integration to me. But as you point out, it's only a link to the Google Doc. Perhaps the next iteration of EN will address this. I'm running 6.9 Beta 1. :)

Archived