For a while now, there has been a red exclamation mark on the sync button.  But, it has seemed like I was synced and there have been no errors displayed when I synced manually.  Today, having just upgraded to Premium, I thought I would poke around and see what this might mean and in the Activity Log I find

10:11:30 [2492] Client synchronization finished, status: complete
10:11:30 [2492] * elapsed time: 5s
10:11:30 [2492] * 16 items received
10:11:30 [2492] * 2 notes failed to sync
10:11:30 [2492] * Note: "Return to sender: Cities tackle junk ...", error: "local flags (ENML_VALIDATION)"
10:11:30 [2492] * Note: "Return to sender: Cities tackle junk ...", error: "local flags (ENML_VALIDATION)"
11:43:16 [6200] Registered session count: 1, last session: 2016/07/31 11:30:00

So, apparently there are two notes that are not syncing, but how do I determine:

1. Which notes they are?
  2. Whether they are local not syncing up or shared not syncing down? 
  3. How to fix them so they do sync?
  • Level 5*

Go to All Notes and hold the Ctrl button while pressing the sync button.  You should be presented with a list of notes with whatever issues.  Edit the notes and try again.  

Well, that does present me with two notes who Title begin with "Return to sender".  They are identical and over 4 years old.  They show as being in the Notebook "Unsynced Notes" which makes it hard to figure out whether they are something I created or my wife did, since we share a number of notebooks, none of which are entitled Unsynced Notes.  Seems like I could just delete them, since they are not of current interest, but I would like to know where they came from.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, tmercerhursh said:

Well, that does present me with two notes who Title begin with "Return to sender".  They are identical and over 4 years old.  They show as being in the Notebook "Unsynced Notes" which makes it hard to figure out whether they are something I created or my wife did, since we share a number of notebooks, none of which are entitled Unsynced Notes.  Seems like I could just delete them, since they are not of current interest, but I would like to know where they came from.

You can click on the info button for the notes and see what it says.  You can also go to list view and show Source as a column.  Not sure it will give you all the information you need.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, tmercerhursh said:

Doesn't tell me much.  Says it is a web.clip, but one could tell that by looking at it.  The only thing interesting is that Sync Status is Will not be synced.  Guess I will just delete them.

Probably the best way to go if you don't need them.

Archived