Highlighting saved search and individual notes

I very much appreciate the ability to have saved searches appear in the left hand bar, but I think the highlighting of the selected search could be improved. When you select a saved search in the bar, the highlighting consists only of a thin line round the edge. It would be better, to my mind, if the blue highlighting on individual notes was also used to highlight the saved search. Once the saved search has been selected, the highlighting should remain in place, even when you have gone on to select an individual note. It would then be crystal clear as to which saved search had been used and which individual note had been selected.

• Level 5*

Not quite the same thing, but if you use F10 to show the search info, you'll see exactly what has been searched for, though not the saved search that triggered it.

Also, in the current beta, at least, you can put the shortcuts in the toolbar, and when activated, it gets clearly highlighted.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, roberts said:

When you select a saved search in the bar, the highlighting consists only of a thin line round the edge. It would be better, to my mind, if the blue highlighting on individual notes was also used to highlight the saved search.

Maybe I'm not understanding but I get an outlined light blue box.

On a related note, I would really like to have the style options added to saved searches in the left hand panel.  I have quite a long list and changing the color or font like we can for notebook and tag names would be useful to highlight the ones I use frequently.

savedsearch.jpg

You are not misunderstanding. This the box I get as well. My point is that this highlighting is not as visible as the solid highlighting on individual notes. The highlighting of the saved search also disappears entirely if you select a note, and I think this behaviour is undesirable. Hence my request for solid highlighting on both the saved search and the individual note.

• Level 5*

Ok, I see what you mean about the shading.  The light blue is the "hover over" color used in both the saved searches list and the notes list but when a note is selected the shading is a darker blue.  The saved search shading however doesn't change when one of those is selected, so I agree that seems like a UI inconsistency.

Also, the highlighting of the saved search disappears when the focus is changed to the note.  If not done that way how would you want to trigger the saved search highlighting to end?

You ask what should trigger the saved search highlighting to end. I would suggest that the highlighting would end when another saved search is selected or when the current saved search ceases to be used. As long as the saved search is being used, the highlighting should remain on it, even when the focus changes to the note.

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, roberts said:

You ask what should trigger the saved search highlighting to end. I would suggest that the highlighting would end when another saved search is selected or when the current saved search ceases to be used. As long as the saved search is being used, the highlighting should remain on it, even when the focus changes to the note.

But what if you modify the search by adding another term, like a tag or another text item? Now it's not the same as the saved search?

If it is not the same as the saved search, then I think the highlighting should be removed. Alternatively, the highlighting on the saved search item should change so as to indicate that the saved search has been modified.

Archived