Pin to status bar

JusTheSame

Idea

There's a feature that ColorNote has and which is the only reason why I have that app in addition to Evernote. The feature I'm talking about is pinning things to status bar. Whether it being a to-do list or whatever. It would be great if Evernote could add that feature to their Android app. Then I'd delete ColorNote and only use Evernote, which I would prefer rather than having 2 separate apps because Evernote doesn't have a certain feature.

Other than this, Evernote is awesome! It has literally become an extension of my brain. Keep the good work up!

All the best,

JusThesame

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5
5 hours ago, JusTheSame said:

There's a feature that ColorNote has and which is the only reason why I have that app in addition to Evernote. The feature I'm talking about is pinning things to status bar. Whether it being a to-do list or whatever. It would be great if Evernote could add that feature to their Android app. Then I'd delete ColorNote and only use Evernote, which I would prefer rather than having 2 separate apps because Evernote doesn't have a certain feature.

Other than this, Evernote is awesome! It has literally become an extension of my brain. Keep the good work up!

All the best,

JusThesame

I use ColorNote too (though less than I used to). I've got v. 3.10.6 (perhaps a bit behind?), and I don't have this feature. By status bar, do you mean the notification bar at the top of the screen? Also, which version of  Android are you on?

In any case, I don't think Evernote is able to do that. It has some good widgets, though unfortunately I don't believe any of them can display an individual note on a home screen (as ColorNote can).

Hello @JusTheSame,

Thank you for posting. While there isn't currently the option to have a single note in your notification panel, you can create a homescreen shortcut to an individual note to quickly access.

To accomplish this, simply press and hold on the note from the note list and then select the three dots in the top right hand corner of the screen and select Add to homescreen.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Matt W. said:

Hello @JusTheSame,

Thank you for posting. While there isn't currently the option to have a single note in your notification panel, you can create a homescreen shortcut to an individual note to quickly access.

To accomplish this, simply press and hold on the note from the note list and then select the three dots in the top right hand corner of the screen and select Add to homescreen.

Ah yes, of course. I knew that (and have done it), just forgot. Sorry.

6 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I use ColorNote too (though less than I used to). I've got v. 3.10.6 (perhaps a bit behind?), and I don't have this feature. By status bar, do you mean the notification bar at the top of the screen? Also, which version of  Android are you on?

In any case, I don't think Evernote is able to do that. It has some good widgets, though unfortunately I don't believe any of them can display an individual note on a home screen (as ColorNote can).

My version of Android is 6.0.

5 hours ago, Matt W. said:

Hello @JusTheSame,

Yeah, that's a great feature but it's not quite the same as pinning it to the notification bar so that one can see it all the time.

Archived