Searching written notes for key words?

Gary K

I'm trying to search hand written notes that I have photo/captured with Scannable. I have saved as both pdf and as image and can't get it to work. If I save as pdf --I get a message that there is no content in the note. If I save as image--the message indicates that search found nothing. Any thoughts? I'm trying to write one searchable key word in clearly written, block text and then the notes can be script or "less precise" I only search the key words (proper names, in this case. Any thoughts? Is there a better way for me to catalogue my phone notes? Thanks, G

• Level 5*

Here's Evernote's thoughts on the whole thing - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314518

I don't know whether Scannable follows the same protocols as the main product - have you tried the standard Evernote app camera?

The main points are:  black on white text / no lines or patterns / good lighting and you should see some result.  PDF's though won't work.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 15/09/2016 at 5:52 PM, Sol12 said:

If it can't recognize words in PDFs, why even mention the feature?

? Text in PDFs = searchable (depending on your account level).  Handwriting in PDFs = nope.  Handwriting in images = maybe.

Archived