Second problem encountered today: line wrapping.

Come on, guys. Text parsing is so simple you can do it on an EMACS editor. 

I wrote a prologue for a new book today that is finally out of the outlining stage. I went to open it on my phone, and this is what it looks like. 

You seriously mean to tell me that I can chat with other people, but I can't do the ONE THING this application was developed to do: cross platform text notes? 

Look, I'm starting to lose my sunny disposition. Developers are WASTING MY TIME and THEIR OWN RESOURCES ***** around with advanced features like chat (which no one asked for) and web clipping (which is not highly rated on the Chrome store because of the lack of functionality and cumbersome mechanics). 

Here is the bottom line: I use Evernote to WRITE. If I CAN'T use it for that, then I WON'T USE IT AT ALL. 

How difficult is it to make words kern correctly across a screen? I can't send my material to my editor like this, and now I've wasted TWO FRIGGIN HOURS OF MY WRITING TIME trying to fix issues I shouldn't have to worry about AT ALL.

Fix. Your. *****. Stop adding useless junk like chat (There are currently OVER A HUNDRED chat and message apps in the Android store. There was no reason to add it to a NOTE TAKING APPLICATION!) and start making the basic functionality of your application work properly, or it will be uninstalled. 

I don't have time for this.

Capture.PNG

• Ex Employees

Hi. @Coach Wade I recognize your frustration and understand how issues like this can hinder productivity. I'm happy to help if we can keep the dialog mild. 

On 5/26/2016 at 3:01 PM, Coach Wade said:

I wrote a prologue for a new book today that is finally out of the outlining stage.

To confirm, this text was typed directly in Evernote for Windows Desktop. Correct? 

I went to open it on my phone, and this is what it looks like. 

Please confirm the make/model of the phone you're using. Does it appear this way on Evernote Web: https://www.evernote.com/Home.action?

Fix. Your. *****. Stop adding useless junk like chat (There are currently OVER A HUNDRED chat and message apps in the Android store. There was no reason to add it to a NOTE TAKING APPLICATION!) and start making the basic functionality of your application work properly, or it will be uninstalled. 

See comments RE Work Chat from our CEO here: http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/4/11584764/evernote-ceo-chris-oneill-interview

1 minute ago, Austin G said:

Hi. @Coach Wade I recognize your frustration and understand how issues like this can hinder productivity. I'm happy to help if we can keep the dialog mild. 

To confirm, this text was typed directly in Evernote for Windows Desktop. Correct? 

Please confirm the make/model of the phone you're using. Does it appear this way on Evernote Web: https://www.evernote.com/Home.action?

See comments RE Work Chat from our CEO here: http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/4/11584764/evernote-ceo-chris-oneill-interview

I ended up retyping the entire prologue from scratch. Text was originally typed in Google Docs, then cut and pasted in every possible way, including text only, RTF format, etc. I tried pasting it into MS Word, where it worked fine. I tried pasting it into OpenOffice, where it worked fine. I tried pasting it into Evernote, and it was a mess. I tried pasting it from Word and OpenOffice into Evernote and it was a mess. Something seems to have been borked in the markup below a level where the user could address.

No offense, but your CEO sounds exactly like Phillip Schoonover, who destroyed Circuit City. Even down to making the announcement that the company was on "solid financial footing" a whole eleven months before they went into receivership-- that's word for word what Schoonover said. O'Niell was asked a direct question about Work Chat and talked in a maze of useless buzzwords. He is not filling me with confidence. I have a master's degree in security management. Buzzwords are easy to see through and generally used by business-class individuals in an attempt to make themselves seem smarter than they appear. If you're using words like "siloing" then you're not communicating; you're deliberately obfuscating. I realize that's the ocean in which he swims, but most of the rest of us prefer plainer language.

In fact, the only thing he said that I totally agree with was this: "If we’re not delivering what you want — shame on us. We should be listening and doing a better job."

Users just want Evernote to work. 

• Ex Employees

If you encounter this issue again, try selecting the issue text and choosing the Format > Simply  Simplify Formatting option after pasting the text into Evernote. 

1 hour ago, Austin G said:

If you encounter this issue again, try selecting the issue text and choosing the Format > Simply Formatting option after pasting the text into Evernote. 

Hi Austin, thanks for getting back to me. 

Did you mean simplify formatting? I did try that, and also remove formatting. Neither had any effect. If it happens again I will share the note here so you can take a look at it. 

• Ex Employees

I did. Thanks for the correction.

4 minutes ago, Coach Wade said:

If it happens again I will share the note here so you can take a look at it. 

Sounds good. Post the .enex file and I'll be happy to take a look. 

Archived