I have a professional embroidery business.  I digitize logos and designs to be stitched onto jackets, vests, hats, baby items, towels, etc.  I scan the design (jpeg) into my software and dissect into stitches for embroidery.  The file extensions are .dst and .pes and of course the jpeg.  Is Evernote a viable venue to use for saving my thousands of designs which I will use again and again?

Not sure if this is the right area for posting this.  My first time posting because I've been trying to figure this out since last year when I joined.

Many thanks!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, bianchi_stitches said:

I have a professional embroidery business.  I digitize logos and designs to be stitched onto jackets, vests, hats, baby items, towels, etc.  I scan the design (jpeg) into my software and dissect into stitches for embroidery.  The file extensions are .dst and .pes and of course the jpeg.  Is Evernote a viable venue to use for saving my thousands of designs which I will use again and again?

I'm not familiar with the .dst and .pes extensions, but I see no issue in adding the files as attachments to a note.
Of course .pdf and .jpeg attachments are handled better, you can actually display them inline.
Those other files will have to launch the appropriate software to be used - which is as simple as double clicking on them.

• Level 5*

Plus side of putting them in EN is you can set the title and tags to make it easier to find them.  That and access on different devices.  Dropbox could also be an option for something like this.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, bianchi_stitches said:

Is Evernote a viable venue to use for saving my thousands of designs which I will use again and again?

IMO, No.

Evernote is a great PIM (Personal Information Manager), but it is poor file manager, even though you can attach files to Notes.
You will NOT be able to access the files (attachments) in Evernote directly from other apps.

There are many apps/systems dedicated to managing images, both locally and online.  I suggest you review these apps, and select the one that best fits your needs and budget.

While DropBox is a general purpose file manager that syncs very well with many devices, it also has some specialized features for images.
It would also allow you to selectively share images with others (customers, vendors, etc).  It also provides for file versions, allowing you to easily restore a file to a previous version.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Archived