Evernote iOS (iPad) and external Office Applications

bswiss56

Hello Everyone!

I am not sure, but i think this topic has been tried to be answered before - without a real answer... But as i say, i am not sure.

Problem:
Have attachments to my notes such as spreadsheets, word documents, etc.
It does happen from time to time, that a quick correction on an attached spreadsheet is needed.
So, the file in question can be copied out of Evernote iOS to an external app. The doc can be edited there (WPS, Office suite, etc.).
Only this external tool only saves to its own database or other Clouds - just not Evernote. That means, the edited file has to be e-mailed to Evernote and re-imported manually to the note in Evernote. This leads also to a versioning problem! 
It would be so nice, if such operation could be done as on the MAC (OSX). There yo tell Evernote once and for all what extension has to be opened by which Application. 
On the iOS device it would be already very nice to be able to "open in" the attachment in the external application.

That would be very pro!

But, as i mentioned in the begin, may be such is already solved...

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, bswiss56 said:

Have attachments to my notes such as spreadsheets, word documents, etc.
It does happen from time to time, that a quick correction on an attached spreadsheet is needed.
So, the file in question can be copied out of Evernote iOS to an external app. The doc can be edited there (WPS, Office suite, etc.).

I have a Numbers spreadsheet attached to a note.  When I right-click, I can open it in the Numbers app, make changes, and save.  The attachment in Evernote is updated.

Correction - I am unable to duplicate this on my iPad.

>>There you tell Evernote once and for all what extension has to be opened by which Application. 
Actually this is external to Evernote; you tell the operating system the application>extension link
I don't think iPad has this feature. The Open In menu gives you a list of apps to chose from

Thank you DTLow

Exactly! on Evernote for OSX = no problem! I am using this with great pleasure.

My issue is that I am missing same function on iOS (iPad). There as I said, it is only possible to copy to external apps.

Maybe this feature wold come in a next update...

Archived