Bug: after pasting to evernote windows, the window will force close

Very Simple test case:
1、In browser, Open http://waldens.github.io/evernote_text.html
2、Ctrl-A,select all,Ctrl-C,copy the code
3、switch evernote windows, Ctrl-V, paste
!Result: the evernote window will force close, although the process isn't killed.
4、activate evernote window again, use mouse to click any positon in code block pasted above.
!Result: the evernote window will FC again!

Win7x64, Evernote Windows 5.8.12
If in newer version, test case above is passed, plz let me know:)

More test case:
Check this: http://bigbytetech.ca/how-to-paste-formatted-code-into-evernote
and follow the steps of third section "The Evenote Desktop Method".
when copy the code with inline css to evernote, it will FC, in my PC.

Hope this is not bug, it's my personl problem, so can be fixed more easily.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'd recommend a support request since this seems to be a slightly out of the usual request for specific functionality that may not be part of the long term design of the app.  Do you have any other software that will accept these pastes without crashing?  A workaround would be to use a different editor and save the document file as an attachment to an Evernote note.  You'll be able to edit the attachment using the third party software and save it back to the note as required.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

this seems to be a slightly out of the usual request for specific functionality that may not be part of the long term design of the app.

I disagree.  Evernote should handle pasting of any text into a Note.

19 hours ago, bootislands said:

!Result: the evernote window will force close, although the process isn't killed.

This definitely sounds like a bug to me, and I recommend you submit a bug report.
I just tested in EN Mac 6.4, and it works fine.  No reason for it not to work in EN Win.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

4 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

I disagree.  Evernote should handle pasting of any text into a Note.

This definitely sounds like a bug to me, and I recommend you submit a bug report.
I just tested in EN Mac 6.4, and it works fine.  No reason for it not to work in EN Win.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Wow, after update BACK to v5.9.6.9494, the latest version on windows, everything is normal.
so this is only a bug before the note editor changed a lot recently, I think, at least in v5.8.12.

Now I'm in a dilemma. considering of dislike for recent big changes about note editor, which makes my AutoHotkey script written for the editor before, not working anymore, I stay 5.8.12 for a long time. Now have to choose....:(

Thanks @JMichaelTX and @gazumped

Archived