force plain text

• Level 5*

On the Mac platform we have two options under Forma: Simply Formatting and Make Plain Text
I think you have something similar under Windows.

it's not exactly what you were asking for, but a step in that direction.

56adade710a04_ScreenShot2016-01-30at10.4

yes, i did see those options. however, evernote still keep converting "*" into bullet and "====" into line even if i set "Make Plain Text". I am running windows 8 with latest evernote. it will covert everything into plain text, however, it goes back to non-plain text right after.  i just cannot tell it to keep it plain text all the time.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Pengcheng Zou said:

however, evernote still keep converting "*" into bullet and "====" into line even if i set "Make Plain Text"

Yes, that concern has been expressed many times.
For the Mac, we got a Preferences check box to turn that feature off.  I'm guessing it will be coming sometime for the Windows platform.

• Level 5*

What we really need from Evernote, across all platforms, are blocks, that can be any one of the following:

• Plain Text
  • Code
  • Markdown

Most other rich text apps have at least the first two.  Even web forums, like this one, support blocks.

Evernote just announced they will be providing encryption blocks.  Perhaps they will move on to provide the other block types.

Archived