Pasting from Excel forces pdf rather the inline image

I compile draft reports using Evernote as I like the ability to link notes and other texts back to web clippings. 

I also include charts from Excel 2016 for Mac in these reports and every time I paste the picture of the chart, it forces a pdf rather than an inline image. In the Evernote for Mac, this is not a problem while viewing on the screen, however when I print the document, the pdf 'images' are moved to the back of the document and are full-sized. This messes up my document and the flow for the reader. 

Please help with a solution to paste a picture which is inline rather than a pdf. If I paste from a pdf it works, but this is painful when I have 5-10 excel charts to keep repeating this process. 

PS: Microsoft OneNote is far better at dealing with this issue. 

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, EditDementor said:

I also include charts from Excel 2016 for Mac in these reports and every time I paste the picture of the chart, it forces a pdf rather than an inline image.

The EN screen capture will work, but it puts each image into a new note.

If you want to capture the Excel chart as an image, and put into an existing EN Note, I see these options, in order of my preference:

1. Use SnagIT, which can capture the image to the clipboard, and then you can paste into Evernote 
  2. Use the built-in Mac screencapture, CMD-SHIFT-4, which creates an image file on your desktop, which you then copy or drag into Evernote 
  3. Using Excel, right-click on chart and select "Save as picture", which creates a file in a your specified location, then copy/drag to Evernote 
  4. Use the EN Mac screen capture tool, which creates an image in a new Note, then copy/drag into the desired Note, then delete the image notes.

Option #1 is clearly the most expensive, but if you do this often and/or need to capture other images and do sophisticated annotations, SnagIT is the way to go, IMO.  One license allows you to use on all of your computers, both Mac and PC.  But with multiple options, you should be able to find one that works best for you.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

The EN screen capture will work, but it puts each image into a new note.

This another one of those Mac/Windows differences? 

In Windows if you hold the Ctrl key as you left Click to complete the screen capture the image is put on the clipboard, no intermediate note is created.  Makes it more of a copy/paste action.

Archived