Email Error

Recently began getting errors emailing from Evernote to Yahoo email addresses. Anyone else? I have two people out of dozens that aren't getting email. All others are other domains. Neither have the addressed blocked or going to spam folder. Evernote returns an error several days after attempt. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're sending email from Evernote to others which is not getting through,  or is just getting through to some of your audience,  there are 3 possibilities.

1. The mail isn't being sent at all - verify that by including your own email address.  Do you receive a copy of the email?  Then it seems to have gone through the system.  If not,  raise a support ticket.

2. Mails are being stopped by individuals' spam filters - get them to check their spam filters for your missing content and -if it's there- to add Evernote to the 'friends' list in the filter.

3. Finally email may be stopped by mail servers themselves.  Such filters are triggered by frequently used send addresses,  or by senders issuing large volumes of email.  If it's thought to be a spamming operation,  that server will be isolated.  Evernote issues a lot of emails - they might cross a limit and qualify. 

You can verify whether that is the case by sending an email from Evernote to yourself,  and then forwarding it to the previously failed address(es).  If they receive your email but not Evernote's (the sender details are different) then it appears that Evernote has been blocked. 

Again,  raise a support ticket so they can fix the problem.  While they do,  route all outgoing Evernote emails to your self,  and forward them to anyone who isn't receiving the initial issue.
  • Level 5*

Recently began getting errors emailing from Evernote to Yahoo email addresses. Anyone else? I have two people out of dozens that aren't getting email. All others are other domains. Neither have the addressed blocked or going to spam folder. Evernote returns an error several days after attempt. 

I've seen other users reporting issues with sending to recipients with Yahoo addresses.

You may want to submit a bug report.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Thanks. Yes, it is only the yahoo addresses and I only send 1 or 2 a week. I have copied myself on these and they go through. I also tested to another Yahoo address to which I have never sent an email and that one didn't go through either. I will submit a bug report, but it appears the issue is on Yahoo's end. 

Archived