BUG: Reminders slot into wrong position (out of order)

When manually specifying the order of reminders in a notebook, reminders often slot into the wrong position (1-2 slots above/below where you dragged the reminder). I hard prioritize my reminders like an Agile backlog and it is incredibly annoying when I have to fight with a reminder endlessly just to get it to stay in the correct order.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. In a notebook, create several notes with reminders.

2. In the reminder settings, disable "Sort Reminders by Date"

3. Create a new reminders using "Add reminder to..." at the top of the reminder list.

4. Slot the reminder into a specific position in the list.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until a reminder slots into a different position than you intended.

NOTE: Attempting to just drag the reminder back into the correct position usually fails. The only solution I have found is to start moving other reminders up and down until the correct sequence is obtained - often takes a dozen attempts to get things to save correctly.

This is incredibly annoying - it's these bugs with basic functionality that have caused me to migrate away from Evernote twice in the past. It's by far the greatest tool in so many ways... but you can only use it so long before you ultimately go insane from the bugs.

What good is putting a list in a particular sequence if the order just going to jump around at random?

• Level 5*

Hi.  The latest Mac and Windows updates include revised editors which may have changed this behaviour.  If you're on an older version,  I'd suggest you update;  if on a current one,  please add your comment to the release thread to get the attention of the developers.  Alternatively for a more in depth analysis of the issue and possible work-arounds or fixes,  I'd suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

Windows latest - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/90268-new-evernote-for-windows-595-ga/

Mac latest - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/89960-evernote-for-mac-62-released/

Archived