Read the amount

MusicWiz

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Scannable does OCR,  so yes,  Scannable can read the amount - subject to legibility / light / shaky hands etc etc.  Even so it's good practice to add details like amount,  date and supplier to the title - Evernote searches don't recognise the full stops and dollar signs,  just the numbers.

Scannable does OCR,  so yes,  Scannable can read the amount - subject to legibility / light / shaky hands etc etc.  Even so it's good practice to add details like amount,  date and supplier to the title - Evernote searches don't recognise the full stops and dollar signs,  just the numbers.

How do I OCR? Could not find anywhere? It does Business cards, but not the receipts.

• Level 5*

Yep,  sorry - it looks like Scannable relies on Evernote's underlying OCR.  Which is weird,  I understood this was aimed at getting documents into other platforms too... https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209125897

Frequently asked questions General Do I need an Evernote account?

Though not required, Evernote helps you get the most out of Scannable. Connecting Scannable to Evernote gives you the following advantages:

• Evernote recognizes text on business cards and can pull relevant and matching data from LinkedIn.
  • Scanned documents saved to Evernote are easily searchable and shareable. Evernote uses a form of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) so you can search PDFs and images.
  • Easily share scanned images with social networks via Evernote

In order to save to Evernote, you will prompted to either login to an existing Evernote account or download/install Evernote and sign up for a new account.

-  OCR isn't slow,  but it is minutes or hours depending on the server load.  If you have a premium account anyway,  you might be better off using the document camera in Evernote.

I am looking for a simple task scanning the receipts. I want the scanner recognize the title of the receipt the date, and total amount. Then I can post it under different notes, like Restaurants, Department store, gas stations, + others.

I guess its a new Application altogether. There is a similar one available, called receipmate, $2.99. No support and has bugs. Last update 2013. To bad it looks pretty good, especially its integrated with Evernote.

Archived