Install 5.9.1 to Win 8.1 Pro - Could not write value to Key ERROR

I have downloaded the newest version of Evernote 5.9.1 from your website.  Unfortunately, when I launch the installer (as Administrator) I get an error message that states "could not write value to key \Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\Clip Image.  Verify that you have sufficietn access to that key, or contact your support personnel."  I am an Admin on this machine, and I installed 'as Administrator'.  When I click ignore, I am met with another message that is similar.  I can get through the install after ignoring around 10 of these messages and the program is there.  But when I open it, I am greeted with the same messages (which I can ignore) before the program begins.  I have to do this every time I open Evernote.  Help!

post-186573-0-95246700-1446499299_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Obviously the error messages are not normal behaviour.  I'd suggest uninstalling/ restarting and reinstalling the software.  If you have errors with that install,  try disabling your AV software temporarily. 

If that doesn't work,  you likely have some problem with the database.

1. Open Evernote and Tools > Options > General to click 'open database folder'
  2. If you have any Local Notebooks or unsynced notes,  File > Export to ENEX files
  3. File > Exit Evernote
  4. Rename the Databases folder to Databases.old
  5. Restart Evernote.  This could take a while - the database will be rebuilt from the server copy.
  • 2 years later...

Archived