3D Touch Not Working on iPhone 6s Home Screen

3D Touch has stopped working on the home screen of my iPhone 6s. I used to be able to deep press on the Evernote icon and get this:

2015-10-18_15-50-14.png

Now I just get a little vibration and nothing happens. I have tried power cycling the phone, deleting and reinstalling Evernote, and adjusting the 3D Touch settings in Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch. Nothing has worked. I am using Evernote version 7.8.0.317009.

• Level 5

Hi Michael,

As long as the app has been opened once, the Quick Actions should appear on the Home screen (whether signed in or signed out).

We've had one other report of this happening, and we're looking into it. I've also seen reports in the MacRumors forums (including this one with a video) of other apps' Quick Actions stopping working - including Apple native apps.

Can you please advise what OS version you're using? Also, please let us know if the 7.8.1 upgrade fixes your problem or if it happens again.

Thanks,

Chuck

• Level 5

Hi,

We have at least one other user having this issue also report back that upgrading to iOS 9.1 (released publicly yesterday) fixed this issue for him.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Level 5

Hi Michael,

I'm really bummed to hear that upgrading to iOS 9.1 did not fix the problem for you.

I've read through a bunch of forum posts and articles on Apple support, MacRumors, reddit, and other sites on this issue, and there doesn't seem to be any clear explanation why it's happening to some apps and not others or why it's happening to some people's devices and not others. Several users have reported that upgrading to iOS 9.1 fixed the problem, but clearly that didn't work for you.

Other suggested troubleshooting steps that have resolved the issue for some people:

• Hard reboot device
    • Press both home button and power button for ~7-10 seconds until the  appears
  • Toggle 3D Touch on/off:
    • Settings app > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch > Off
    • Reboot device
    • Settings app > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch > On
  • Reset All Settings:
    • Note: this will reset all of your device settings back to the factory settings but will not change content
    • Settings app > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
  • Restore your iPhone to factory settings (not from backup)

I wish I had better news or that we found something on our end that we could fix.

Please let me know if any of the above actions solve the issue for you.

Cheers,

Chuck

Archived