(Archived) Saved notes info gone

mcf884

So, every time i go to add/edit a text note to Evernote on my Droid i enter in all the info, click save and it goes back to a blank note. I've waited forever (some people said it will take longer to sync) but the information never shows up and i have tried on both my 3G network which is very fast and on wifi.

Any ideas as to why? This is obviously very frustrating because the whole point of having evernote on my phone is the ability to add notes!

I guess that there is a refresh problem after save. After returned to the display of the note, don't edit it again. go back to the note list and your edit will be there. Then, you can edit it again. Also, you may go to Pending note view to see if there is any error there. If not, your note should be there in your phone and the server.

You can confirm that the edits were successful by checking from a desktop web browser. I think this is just a display/refresh bug on the Droid, where it shows the old content, not the new.

I experience a similar problem on my Android based HTC Hero.

There are no problems when I first create a note on the Hero and upload it to Evernote. However, when I subsequently retrieve the note on the Hero for edits (by opening the note and pressing the Menu button followed by "Edit"), all my edits are lost when I click "Save". The Hero appears to upload the note but my edits are no where to be found when I retrieve the note a second time either via the Hero or via the web.

Is there a bug in the Android client ?

There is a display bug when you edit an existing note. The client shows the old (pre-edit) version on the phone, even though the edits were successful.

We'll change this in the next release so that it won't show the wrong content after you edit.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similar issue only I don't think it's just a display problem. When I go back to edit an old note and enter new text it doesn't always record the new text. It's only been a problem when I edit old notes on my droid. I hit save, then go back to view it later (on the droid or on the web) and the new content isn't there. It's happened 4-5 times in the past week.

This is a priority one in my book I lose data all the time because of this bug, also the discard button is to easy to hit accidentally it should be hidden in the menu because I can't believe it is used as often as it is hit accidentally. Just a suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...
So, every time i go to add/edit a text note to Evernote on my Droid i enter in all the info, click save and it goes back to a blank note. I've waited forever (some people said it will take longer to sync) but the information never shows up and i have tried on both my 3G network which is very fast and on wifi.

Any ideas as to why? This is obviously very frustrating because the whole point of having evernote on my phone is the ability to add notes!

I just wanted to add that I'm also experiencing this on my T-Mobile G1. I can upload photo notes and create new text notes, but any time I try to edit an existing text note, the changes are lost after clicking Save. I don't believe this is merely a display bug. I have been sure to watch the network activity indicator on my device and wait for the notice from Evernote that my changes have been saved. When I view the note from any client--Android, Windows, or web--the changes are not there, even after explicitly syncing my desktop client before trying to view the note. This behavior has been very consistent for me.

EDIT: I just downloaded the 1.4B2 release. I was able to edit a text note, but the display bug was still present--I didn't see the change on my Android device until I went back to my search results (where the preview also still showed the old version), and reopened the note. At that point, my updated note was displayed.

• 2 weeks later...

I was using Evernote today to take notes from a seminar. I was pretty surprised to see them all gone. I'm on the HTC Hero. I hope this gets fixed pretty quick. It's hard to use Evernote with this bug - at least on my cell phone.

For me (Evernote client 1.3.1 running on Moto Droid) this does not appear to be 'just a display bug' on the phone. I open an existing note on the phone, edit it, press Save, and my edits appear to have been lost. I give it time to sync, go to my Windows laptop, sync Evernote client on Windows, and the old, unedited version of the note is there. So I think my edits really were lost.

Please make this a P-zero ticket, gals and fellas at Evernote. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am also using Evernote client 1.3.1 on Mot Droid and I have the exact same experience. IT IS NOT A DISPLAY PROBLEM. I started a note on the droid; saved it; opened it back up to edit it; saved again and the edits were lost completely. The original version of the note was present on the web and my desktop but not the edits. This is clearly a BUG that needs to be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Even with the 1.4 release, I find that a note that I updated online (from pc browser) does not show all the updates on the android client.

The update date is correct, but the note is not modified. The online version seems to be correct.

This is the only problem I have encountered so far with the app... but it's a pretty big one.

Can you try searching for a word in the note, and then view the note? I'm curious if the changes show up correctly if you have a search first.

Tried that and it STILL displays a note as it was before it was updated several days ago on the desktop (vista)

I spend most of my time in the desktop app - clipping from the web & writing or updating text notes so I haven't relied on the android as I used to with the palm. So I usually use the droid for info only, not entering data , since its much easier for me to do so on the desktop.

Previously, I thought I was just missing something, but I now have notes in the droid that are older versions of notes that were updated several days ago. So I even uninstalled EN on the droid, but to my consternation, the older previous version of my notes still shows up on the droid ! whooo whoooo .. ??

I know , I think I'm crazy too !! Maybe I'm missing something else. I just tried to edit a droid note - there isn't an option - just "append text" "email" "note info" "delete"

Please advise..

• 11 months later...

Any news on this topic?

It happens on my LG optimus one Android 2.2.1 with the latest application 3.0.1.

Lost already three notes while editing existing notes :).

Also cannot post a bug on a support page. Either 404 error or timeout error...

• 3 months later...

Archived