Trouble downloading the new software update

I've done this numerous times in the past  - I am attempting to download the update - which it does fine, but then when I click install I get this message box - (attached) - this has been going on for a couple of weeks now...does anyone know why?  I'm using the Mac app on my laptop which syncs with my iphone app and also my online version.

post-270874-0-62850800-1443232792_thumb.

09.29.15 Update: If anyone is experiencing this issue, we could use your help in identifying the root cause. Please hold off on reinstalling and use the following instructions to access the Sparkle update log:

- Minimize all applications

- Open the Finder app and select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar

- Insert ~/Library/Logs/SparkleEvernoteUpdateLog.log and press 'Go'

- Open the file 'SparkleEvernoteUpdateLog.log' and paste the contents in a direct message to Marcus, the Mac Project Manager

- Include your Evernote version (Evernote > About Evernote) and your OS

----

@Linklette, we're looking into this issue.

In the meantime, reinstalling should allow you to move to the current version. Please see our Knowledge Base for instructions on how to reinstall: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/24422932.

Hello

I have not been update to v6.1.1 on Mac.  After many weeks, I keep receiving error message: "Update Error!  An error occurred while downloading the update.  Please try again later."

I have tried installing the update from the website but this has not worked either.

I can also no longer identify which version I am running.  The 'About Evernote' drop down menu item no longer generates a report.

I see tje advoce to @Linklette above, but I am nervous about uninstalling and reinstalling.  Doesn't this mean I will lost all of my data?

Any help appreciated.

Hi Satch2020,

Reinstalling does not affect your data. If you are concerned about data loss, I recommend creating a backup of your notebooks first: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/28607737.

If you would like dedicated support, please submit a support ticket (see the link in my signature). Be sure to include a link to this forum post and an activity log in your ticket submission. If you post your ticket number here we can work to expedite your case.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived