Multitasking for ios9!

Setolz

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Multitasking for ios9! i can't see anywhere that it's being considered of yet.

Would be appreciated if you guys took this onboard! it would make life a hell of a lot easier!!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We're exciting about multitasking too! We are currently working on supporting multitasking and expect to have it in a release in the next couple of months.

Cheers,

Chuck

If I may, why in the next couple months? So many other apps had day one support for it. 

Microsoft Office, Drafts, Textilus, Notability, Omnifocus.... All these already have multitasking support.

So, why in the next couple months?

(P.S. Any chance of multitasking support for Penultimate too?)

• Level 5

If I may, why in the next couple months? So many other apps had day one support for it. 

Microsoft Office, Drafts, Textilus, Notability, Omnifocus.... All these already have multitasking support.

So, why in the next couple months?

(P.S. Any chance of multitasking support for Penultimate too?)

Hi,

I can't speak to the priorities of other companies and app developers. In our case, multitasking proved challenging due to the existing design of our app on iPad, and we want to make sure that we deliver a high-quality product that users will love. In addition, we have several cross-platform features that were in development prior to the announcement of multitasking functionality in iOS. We think it will be worth the wait and hope that it's not too much of an inconvenience.

(We're also working on it for Penultimate. )

If you'd like to join the beta program and get early access to help us make the products even better, please sign up here: Become an Evernote Beta Tester. We'd value your direct and constructive feedback.

Cheers,

Chuck

Just to reiterate. This would be a great feature for both evernote and penulitmate. I hope to be able to use it for school notes taken from online classes. I'd love to see it as soon as possible.

I especially hope that things like draft mode will be available in Penultimate even during split view.

Thanks.

Archived