BUG - Outlook Messages Not Sending when Evernote Outlook Clipper is Enabled

KimSR

I'm using Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 x64. I just updated Evernote and now it's stuffing up my Outbox. I know it's the Evernote Outlook Clipper, as I only use a few add-ins, disabled them all, and tested each individually.

This is what happens:

1. I write an email and it goes to the Outbox. My send/receive happens every 30 minutes, so it could be in there for a while.

2. I click into the Outbox for some reason - need to alter an email, etc.

3. The top email in the Outbox will be un-queued for sending - it won't be italicised, has "none" in the send field, and won't send for blood nor money. 

4. I have to delete it and redo the email, careful not to click into the Outbox before it's sent.

This is a screenshot of the Outbox with some test messages in it, showing the first one unread (bold), but not queued to send (not italicised): http://screencast.com/t/BV4fCK3fsH5l

I can replicate this every single time and it's a big pain in the arse. I'm a Premium user, I use this feature in Outlook all of the time, and it's very seriously stuffing me up! 

There are some forums saying that it's an add-in marking the message as "read" (even though it's still bold, which means "unread"). Please fix this!

• 9 months later...

Since reporting this in September 2015, they resolved it, I upgraded to Office 365, it worked fine, and now the exact same thing is happening again and has been for a couple of months. This appears to be an ongoing issue and I am getting very frustrated with it. It's ***** up my workflow and I'm very close to giving up on Evernote and migrating everything to OneNote.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2016 at 1:50 AM, rubenb said:

Sorry to hear about the bug still being around. We'll investigate the issue.

Meanwhile:

Have you tried the Evernote for Outlook add-in as an alternative?
It has a very similar feature set, works in Outlook 2013, 2016, Mac, and on Web. 

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2016/04/06/evernote-for-outlook/

That's the add-in I'm using that stuffs up my Outlook. Totally untenable. And now, you've charged me AGAIN for a premium subscription. I'm formally requesting a full and immediate refund. I'll have all my notes migrated to OneNote by the end of the week.

Furious.

On 6/27/2016 at 4:43 AM, KimSR said:

That's the add-in I'm using that stuffs up my Outlook. Totally untenable.

Apologies for the trouble. However, I'm not sure how Evernote for Outlook (the add-in) mentioned above is able to interfere with Outlook. More details would be very welcome.
For billing and refunds, please contact support. Thank you.

Archived