Desktop shortcut

ChrisM123

Hi,

I recently upraded to Windows 10 and later, updated the Evernote app (there was a prompt to update). Now I realise that the desktop shortcut for my Evernote program on my Windows desktop is gone and I have no idea how to get it back ><

Could someone tell me where the actual program icon is located so I can find it and create a desktop shortcut from there? Evernote is already programmed to run on Windows startup - it's just that there is no desktop shortcut. I can see it in the Start menu when I search for it but in Windows 10, when you right click it there within the Start menu itself, there is no option to "Send to Desktop (Create shortcut)".

So, I need to find the actual location of the Evernote program, I suspect, and try to create a shortcut from there...but have no idea where that could be =/

Or is there any option within the Evernote program itself to create a desktop shortcut???

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*

Using Windows Explorer go to Local Disk - Program Files - Evernote - Evernote and the Evernote.exe program should be there.  Right click on it and create a shortcut to the desktop. 

You also can just pin the icon to the taskbar by right clicking on it.  Works pretty much the same should you ever close EN when using your PC.

Using Windows Explorer go to Local Disk - Program Files - Evernote - Evernote and the Evernote.exe program should be there.  Right click on it and create a shortcut to the desktop. 

You also can just pin the icon to the taskbar by right clicking on it.  Works pretty much the same should you ever close EN when using your PC.

"Program Files (x86)" on 64bit systems.

Hey thanks guys for your help! I can't seem to find the Evernote program file anywhere for some reason....but somehow I managed to first pin the shortcut to the Start menu, and from there I dragged the icon to the desktop. Seems to have worked =) But thanks anw again!

Archived