Runtime error

Hi,

after clipping a mail in outlook I cannot use evernote on windows. A few seconds after starting ervernote "runtime error" occurs and evernote was terminated (Evernote_5.8.13.8152, windows 7).

What can I do?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If it is that note which causes the problem,  try viewing your account using a web browser - you may be able to delete it there.  Clear your trash notebook after deletion.  If that doesn't help your system run the installed version,  and provided you have no local notebooks or unsynced essential notes,  find and rename your local database folder and allow Evernote to rebuild it from the server.

Check your system tray to make sure Evernote is not active

(Right-click and Exit on any EN icon you find)

Navigate to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\

Rename the Databases folder to Databases.old

Restart Evernote.

• 2 months later...

Hi.  If it is that note which causes the problem,  try viewing your account using a web browser - you may be able to delete it there.  Clear your trash notebook after deletion.  If that doesn't help your system run the installed version,  and provided you have no local notebooks or unsynced essential notes,  find and rename your local database folder and allow Evernote to rebuild it from the server.

Restart Evernote.

This was an excellent and simple fix. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 8/26/2015 at 2:56 AM, gazumped said:

Restart Evernote.

Hi there - I'm trying to use this info to correct my own Runtime Error, but recently upgraded to Win10, and there's no 'AppData' folder under Evernote.  Where do I find the databases folder to rename it, so Evernote can rebuild the database?

19 hours ago, Shelley Valett said:

Hi there - I'm trying to use this info to correct my own Runtime Error, but recently upgraded to Win10, and there's no 'AppData' folder under Evernote.  Where do I find the databases folder to rename it, so Evernote can rebuild the database?

AppData isn't under Evernote, Evernote is under AppData. :)

That said, it is a special folder, so if you try to browse there via Explorer, you won't see it. You can type the path directly. Or indirectly "%LOCALAPPDATA%" (without the quotes) and then press return.

But gazumped's method is easier...

Archived